Even the best-kept rugs will eventually be affected by every day wear and tear. However, with the best available care and attention to cleaning and preserving, you can make sure your rug remains in its optimum state for as long as possible.
Oriental/Area rugs can be made by hand or by machine. Proper fiber identification is extremely necessary in order to clean the rug as thoroughly as possible without damaging the quality
Peachtree Cleaning qualified technicians will give them the proper care they deserve. Oriental rugs are generally made with natural fibers and dyes; this requires them to be treated with special care using cleaning agents with the correct PH balance to prevent browning, color fading, discolorations, etc.
We also adjust cleaning temperatures and pressures to meet the special requirements of each type of rug.
We use a whole line of cleaning agents and stain removers specially formulated to safely and effectively clean more delicate fibers
Peachtree Cleaning rug cleaning uses only environmentally friendly biodegradable professional
oriental rug cleaning
products which are 100% safe to be used in any home. Our cleaning machines are so powerful that your carpets and rugs will be dry, clean and fresh within 2-4 hours from completion of the rug cleaning process.
How to care for your Oriental Rug:
- Rotation – To insure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
- Vacuuming – Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
- Padding – A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.Spot and Spill Procedures – Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set.
- First, soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent material. Do not brush or rub the stain
- Then spot-clean with a mild detergent solution. Do-not over wet.
- Rinse area thoroughly with water. Avoid wetting the rug’s backing
- Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed
- Allow to air dry. A fan or cool hair dryer can be used to hasten the drying process.
- For stains that do not come out using these methods, ask our cleaning specialists